[CentOS] The delays on CentOS 5.6 are causing EPEL incompatibilities

John R. Dennison jrd at gerdesas.com
Wed Mar 23 03:41:14 UTC 2011

On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 04:22:36AM +0100, Dag Wieers wrote:

> CentOS 4.8 (95 days late) and CentOS 5.3 (69 days late) have been the worst
> delays. But now CentOS 5.6 is already at 69 days and CentOS 6.0 is past
> 133 days delay, an all time record (not counting CentOS 2 :-)).

	You keep tossing out "late".  "late" implies a published deadline
	and I've yet to see one.  I see "best effort" and "will try"
	comments in many places, but never a published deadline.  So,
	why the focus on "late"?

							John

--
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not
sure about the former.