[CentOS] Remote-logging nginx? (or other non-syslog-enabled stuff)

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 20:28:29 UTC 2011

On 3/25/2011 2:53 PM, Dr. Ed Morbius wrote:

> My concern with buffering / blocking output has more to do with some
> critical service saying "wups, no more serving until I can flush my log
> buffers" than it does losing a few lines of logging periodically (though
> that should also be minimized).

Does this have to be centralized in realtime?  I gather up the logs from
a bunch of web servers with rsync over ssh after the application does
its own log rollover.  The log files end up with timestamped names so it
doesn't matter if the rsync misses a day or two.  That way you've got
the whole file system as a queue...

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com