[CentOS] updating without rebooting

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Fri Mar 25 23:02:32 UTC 2011

On 03/25/2011 11:17 AM, Steve Barnes wrote:
>     http://www.ksplice.com/
>
> I've heard of it, but never used it. Curious to hear other people's experiences...

I have met and spoken at length with the ksplice guys - its really cool
stuff, and they are a great bunch of guys. If you do consider to use it,
remember to ask them to make the centos kernel patches available publicly!

Also worth noting is that the toolchain for ksplice is open source, and
everything needed to make the patches is available. So if there is
interest and a couple of people want to help make it happen, we can do
something within the centos ecosystem.

- KB