[CentOS] My new server

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Sat Mar 26 16:46:59 UTC 2011

On 03/26/11 9:43 AM, Benjamin Donnachie wrote:
> On 26 Mar 2011, at 15:40, John R Pierce<pierce at hogranch.com>  wrote:
>
>> while I'd agree with the rest of your assessments, on servers 1 nic is
>> NOT that common,
> Neither are servers for €160!  At that price I would expect to buy
> another card or just use vlans!

yeah, I looked up that server... its more like a SOHO mini-NAS, and in
fact would be awesome if it just had hotswap trays for the 4 SATA
drives, but no, they are not hotswap.   its really more of a storage
centric micro-PC, but it does have ECC memory.   dual core low end
athlon, 1-8gb ram, 4 sata bays, 1 pci-express x16 slot and 1 pci-e x1
slot, single NIC, onboard AMD video.