[CentOS] Virtualization platform choice

Jure Pečar pegasus at nerv.eu.org
Sun Mar 27 21:07:41 UTC 2011

On Sun, 27 Mar 2011 10:42:36 -0500
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 3/27/11 4:57 AM, Jussi Hirvi wrote:
> > Some may be bored with the subject - sorry...
> >
> > Still not decided about virtualization platform for my "webhotel v2"
> > (ns, mail, web servers, etc.).

It's interesting that nobody so far mentioned openVZ or its commercial
version, Virtuozzo. It's different than all major virtualization players
(it's OS level virtualization, not hw level), but that makes it the only
viable option for things like mass web hosting solutions.

Try it out and see if it fits your requirements.

--

Jure Pečar
http://jure.pecar.org