[CentOS] cobbler installation of CentOS-5.5

Ray Van Dolson rayvd at bludgeon.org
Mon Mar 28 16:13:13 UTC 2011

On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 10:59:23AM -0500, Les Mikesell wrote:
> On 3/28/2011 10:41 AM, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> > Ray Van Dolson wrote:
> >
> >> Why not use the netinstall ISO rather than download everything?
> >
> > How exactly do I do this?
> > I guess I could install it on a USB stick,
> > and boot that on my new server.
> > Is that what you mean?
> > (There is no CD drive on the server.)
>
> Yes, there should be a small boot image along with the isos that you can
> boot from usb or pxe, then you pick the nfs install method and put in
> the path to the directory where you downloaded the CD iso images.  There
> are other network install options, but nfs is quick and easy if you've
> already downloaded the iso images.

Yep, or point to an internet-sourced HTTP address and let the install
run overnight if you've got a slow connection...

One _real_ quick way to join all your CD ISO's together is to use
fuse-unionfs on an existing Linux box.  Tell it to union each of your
loopback mounted ISO mountpoints into a new mountpoint, then export
that via NFS to your installation client (or via HTTP).

Ray