[CentOS] Centos under (vmware vs KVM)

przemolicc at poczta.fm

Wed May 4 08:58:16 UTC 2011

Hello,

we are using several centos servers under Vmware. We are having more
and more requests for server space for each business application (let assume
that these business requests are for different type of services:
databases, web apps, application servers etc.

I wonder which solution is better:
1. new CentOS under vmware (having several CentOS servers under Vmware)
or
2. new CentOS under KVM under existing CentOS (having a few CentOS servers with several KVMs in each)
Each approach has some advantages and disadvantages.
Can you share your thoughts about it ?

Regards
Przemyslaw Bak (przemol)