[CentOS] USB->Parallel cable compatibility

Bill Campbell

centos at celestial.com
Thu May 5 23:18:03 UTC 2011

I have an installation where we're replacing a rather old Linux
box with a new one that has no parallel ports.  The old box has
two parallel ports going to Okidata printers.

The IOGEAR GUC1284B USB to Parallel Adapter cable looks like it
might be a simple solution to this, but I would like to know that
it works before getting a couple.

Comments?

Bill
Fax:            (206) 232-9186  Skype: jwccsllc (206) 855-5792

the incurable idiots may conceivably constitute an absolute
majority of the population. -- H.L. Mencken