[CentOS] EL 6 rollout strategies? (Scientific Linux)

Benjamin Smith

lists at benjamindsmith.com
Fri May 6 18:31:24 UTC 2011

I was wondering what feedback might be offered by the CentOS community on their
experiences using Scientific Linux?

I'm a long-time Centos user, and am basically happy with CentOS. I understand
there are delays getting EL 6 out.  We have been long anxious to roll out EL 6
as soon as it's ready, but our time window for rollout is looming and we will
need to act. (for business reasons, we need to rollout over summer, before Aug
1, we need to start regression testing now!)

I was once a WhiteBox Enterprise Linux user and switched to CentOS 4 without
issue, and am assuming that I might need to do something similar if we decide
to go this route.

Any feedback is appreciated!

believed to be clean.