[CentOS] centos friends?

Dave Stevens geek at uniserve.com
Sat May 7 01:17:23 UTC 2011

On Friday, May 06, 2011 03:41:04 PM Karanbir Singh wrote:
> On 05/06/2011 07:05 PM, fred smith wrote:
> >
> > Unfortunately, it's a bit of a swim from North America,... while I
> > wasn't directly invited, I nevertheless won't be able to make it.
> > I'd also dearly love a Centos shirt,... do similar events ever
> > occur in or around Boston?
>
> Its a case of getting together a few people and organising it. There are
> a few open source events that take place in the Boston area - how about
> starting with identifying one open source friendly event, apply for a
> centos table / booth there - find a few people to man it, and we can try
> to get some stuff like T-Shirts etc over there.
>
> Stephen Cox is working on a generic format for something that people can
> take away and use as a template for organising and managing such a
> 'presence'.  But he is based in South Africa, and they seem to not have
> a lot of such events there - how about you guys drop in onto the
> centos-promo list, and maybe we can all jump start something. The CentOS
> Promo team has been very active in Europe, but pretty much everywhere
> else its been a blank slate. Would be awesome to kickstart localised
> efforts around the world.
>
> - KB

and linuxcon would provide great visibility, August 17 - 19,  2011 · Hyatt
Regency Vancouver · Vancouver, Canada

http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/linuxcon

Dave

Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to
grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Douglas Adams in one of the Hitchiker novels...