[CentOS] HP MicroServer

Timothy Murphy

gayleard at eircom.net
Sun May 8 13:53:26 UTC 2011

A bit OT, but I'm running CentOS-5.6 on this machine
(in fact on two of them)
and it seems to run perfectly -
I've had no problems at all.

Except that I'd like to add a second ethernet port,
and am not sure where one can find a card that will fit this machine.
As far as I can see, it requires a half-height PCIe card,
which seems to be rather a rare animal.
(There doesn't seem to be a standard for the backplate.)

So I'm wondering if anyone has tried this?
Incidentally, is there a forum anywhere
for users of the MicroServer under Linux?

(The machine is unbelievably cheap at the moment,
due to a bizarre cashback offer from HP.)

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net