[CentOS] EL 6 rollout strategies? (Scientific Linux)

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Sun May 8 13:59:37 UTC 2011

On Sat, 7 May 2011, Ljubomir Ljubojevic wrote:

> in-place upgrade of C5 to C6 will be most likely impossible. To many
> changes of how thing work.

In local testing built from the anaconda and related sources
that will become CentOS 6, the offer to upgrade an existing
install is made during a media based install.  As I was not
interested in upgrading a random drive pulled from my 'scratch
pool', I did a wipe and fresh partition and install ;)

Particularly difficult to me seems to be the 'ext4' conversion
from lower numbered versions with an 'in place' upgrade

-- Russ herrold