[CentOS] SSH using Keys, no password and SFTP?

Jason

slackmoehrle.lists at gmail.com
Sun May 8 17:27:21 UTC 2011

HI All,

I have setup (and it was so easy) using SSH with keys instead of password authentication. I want to turn password authentication off completely.

What I dont understand is how SFTP would work them. I dont see any settings in my FTP clients to use SFTP without providing a password.

If that is the case, that is fine since the FTP users have no real privileges except to their own web folders.

That being said, is it possible to allow only Password authentication for a few users? and then require Key authorization for other users where password would not be accepted for them..perhaps, if they try to connect with password they get denied without being prompted for a password?

--
Jason