[CentOS] fail2ban and secure permissions

David Mehler

dave.mehler at gmail.com
Sun May 8 17:49:46 UTC 2011

Hello,
Has anyone got fail2ban working and blocking ssh spambot atempts? My
ssh is logging with a facility of authpriv which syslogd sends to
/var/log/secure. That file has 600 permissions owned and group of
root. I want to make it where fail2ban can access the needed file, yet
not make it insecure in the process. I was not wanting to change
permissions last time I did that on a log file a cron daily report
kept noting it. I'd appreciate any suggestions.
Thanks.
Dave.