[CentOS] since CentOS 5.6 upgrade, squid crashes

Brandon Ooi brandono at gmail.com
Tue May 10 08:51:18 UTC 2011

On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 1:09 AM, Christopher Chan <
christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk> wrote:

> On Monday, May 09, 2011 10:28 PM, Ljubomir Ljubojevic wrote:
> > Laurent CREPET wrote:

> >> No need, I have plugged my brain today. Check my latest e-mail (squid
> does not like temporary filesystem full in /var/log/squid) ;-)
> >>
> >> No link with 5.6 upgrade at all.
> >
> > Maybe /var/cache/yum was not cleaned of downloaded rpms after upgrade to
> > 5.6? so /var partition run out of space or helped with out of space
> > issue just enough to put it over the top.
> >

> Or maybe it was stuffed with squid reports...

a whole week of troubleshooting and you didn't check /var/log/messages?
 comon man.

When I visit servers to make changes, I almost always check
/var/log/messages and dmesg for latent errors or other issues that I can
proactively solve. This should be sysadmin 101 :P

Brandon