[CentOS] Problem Making Tarballs

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Mon May 16 04:59:07 UTC 2011

On Sun, May 15, 2011 at 11:32:24PM -0500, John J. Boyer wrote:
> I have a CentOS virtual private server from 1and1.com If I checkout or
> pull something from a repository, it will contain an autogen.sh file
> Running this and then configure seems to work. However, when I run make
> I get a lot of error messages from libtool saying that such and such a
> command could not be found on some line or that there is a syntax error.
> This happens even with the latest updates. Several people have been
> unable to help. What is the problem, and what should I do about it?

It would help to be more specific.  If you are "pulling something from a
repository," do you mean that it's a CentOS program?

When a command is not found, or a library is not found, one way to find
it is with

yum provides */<command_name>

Can you give a specific example?

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Spike: A slayer with family and friends. That sure as hell wasn't
in the brochure.