[CentOS] EL 6 rollout strategies? (Scientific Linux)

Christopher Chan christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk
Mon May 16 13:47:12 UTC 2011

On Monday, May 16, 2011 09:11 PM, Brunner, Brian T. wrote:
>> Can you take this off-list? I am REALLY tired of reading
>> non-CentOS stuff.
>
> Please keep it here.  CentOS vs SL and CentOS vs Ubuntu are as on-topic
> as anything else.
> Since TUV stopped supporting my non-PAE processors, I am obliged to find
> a new home.
> Ubuntu is one of the options.

So long as it is legitimate dev/whatever bashing. So, shall I start with
the 'LTS' 'maintenance', or the launchpad bug devs and chums system, or
the Ubuntu community and 'community' aka Developers or the lists/irc/forums?

Ubuntu is however convenient as a desktop if you have Nvidia graphics
but not everything on the desktop is going to be peachy. But for
anything else...I dunno. I have this Ubuntu Hardy server but I sure
don't like the fact that I have to program me own firewall rule scripts.
And no, don't give me firestarter or ufw. If only I had a Centos disk
when I had to build that server...