[CentOS] EL 6 rollout strategies? (Scientific Linux)

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Mon May 16 20:38:54 UTC 2011

On 05/16/11 1:18 PM, Les Mikesell wrote:
> Yes, but whatever can't be automated here should benefit from doing the
> trial-and-error in parallel.   And the potential improvements might come
> in the automation process as much as the grunge work - you can't really
> predict how an open project will develop.

so you are volunteering to take over 4.next or 5.x or whatever when the
time comes ?  you can come up with the build infrastructure and develop
this automation in the meantime?  I'd suggest starting with recreating
5.6 by working from 5.5 and the RHEL 5,6 SRPMs exclusively.  let us know
how long it takes from scratch, ok?   you don't mind that
we-the-community would want our packagers vetted by demonstrating the
ability to deliver...  consider this a test run.