[CentOS] EL 6 rollout strategies? (Scientific Linux)

Stephen Harris lists at spuddy.org
Mon May 16 22:21:54 UTC 2011

On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 06:08:47PM -0400, R P Herrold wrote:
> other RPM based, upstream derived, rebuild projects out there
> as well, that a person has to look closely, and know the
> history, or read the sources, to see where they came from

And then there's commercial projects, such as Citrix Xen Server (one
of the leading competitors to VMware).  I wonder what that's built on.
Let's look...

   # cat /etc/redhat-release
   XenServer release 5.6.0-31188p (xenenterprise)

   # rpm -q centos-release
   centos-release-5-4.el5.centos.1

Dang; that evil CentOS project gets everywhere...

--

rgds
Stephen