[CentOS] So sorry! was: Re: EL 6 rollout strategies? (Scientific Linux)

Brunner, Brian T. BBrunner at gai-tronics.com
Tue May 17 18:21:38 UTC 2011

centos-bounces at centos.org wrote:
> While this sounds like humorous way to deal with the problem,
> what about
> all of us silent users who just watch the list for news and generally
> ignore the bonus nonsense that makes the list...
>
> We the silent would miss out on important news...

Clearly, this would apply to the POSTING not reading abilities.

AND, we would necessarily start out with "adult" posting abilities.

What needs development:
1: After some time, if my posts irritate you (or yours me) then we post
to the centos-moderator at centos.org address (currently non-existent),
with a message subject of KARMA PLUS or KARMA MINUS and a message body
of a name;
2: said name has their Karma adjusted accordingly.
3: At some configurable threshold of negative Karma, my (or your)
posting rights turn off and we become a moderated poster.
4: If there is no moderator, we're made mute.
5: Every week, the negative Karma scores have +1 added; making the
moderated status temporary.
6: No poster can adjust the karma of another poster more than once per
week.

It ain't a perfect specification, but it'd be an improvement on what we
have.

Insert spiffy .sig here:
Life is complex: it has both real and imaginary parts.
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the
moments that take our breath away.

//me