[CentOS] a hardware question

Rudi Ahlers Rudi at SoftDux.com
Tue May 17 20:59:08 UTC 2011

On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 9:49 PM,  <m.roth at 5-cent.us> wrote:
> We need to replace several servers, quickly - four of our Dell PE 1950's
> died in one week. (!!!) So, we're looking around, and I was checking out
> IBM. I customized to what we want, and hit 'continue', and suddenly
> there's another $800 for a "system common planar" that's "required".
> Googling only finds specs with it - does anyone know what it is? I mean,
> it's not like it's the motherboard, right?
>
>        mark

If you're not too brand-aware then I would highly recommend
SuperMicro. We also switched over to SuperMicro a few years ago after
having just too many problems with Dell, to keep clients happy. I've
never looked back since. They're hardware is top quality and and to
confusing in terms of the terminology they use. It's so easy that even
our junior techs could build them :) And their chassis are not flimsy,
or "over-crowded" as many other brands sometimes are.

--
Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers

Website: http://www.SoftDux.com