[CentOS] EL 6 rollout strategies? (Scientific Linux)

B.J. McClure keepertoad at bellsouth.net
Thu May 19 12:23:19 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-05-19 at 13:54 +0200, Dag Wieers wrote:
> On Mon, 16 May 2011, Johnny Hughes wrote:
>
> > It will be released when it is released, if you don't like it then leave.
>
> Before I leave this list let me take you back about 7 years to the
> Whitebox mailinglist. You may not remember that Whitebox had a list of
> issues of its own, no timely updates, no community effort, lack of good
> communication. It was mostly a one-man-effort.

<snip>

> Anyay, goodbye and thanks for all the fish !

Sorry to see you go, Dag.  Your technical input to this list over the
years has, IMHO, been valuable.  And whether or not I agreed with your
opinion input, it was always presented in a professional manner.

This is my first, and last, post to this line of threads, but frankly, I
have greater concern for the lack of professionalism shown by some on
this list in the last few months than the timeliness, or lack thereof,
of updates.

IMHO, personal attacks and profanity directed at any list member is
always grossly inappropriate.

Thanks for your contributions.

B.J.

RHEL 6.0, Linux 2.6.32-71.29.1.el6.x86_64