[CentOS] OT: RHEL 6.1 is out

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Thu May 19 14:59:45 UTC 2011

On 5/19/2011 9:40 AM, Markus Falb wrote:

>> There is an old piece of wisdom in IT to avoid the public 'dot
>> zero' products so that some-one else gets to be the advance
>> guard scout (you know, the one who staggers back to base camp,
>> festooned wth arrows in him)
>
> Oh Lord! If everyone would avoid 'dot.zero' products then no bugs would
> be discovered and no 'dot.one' product would be released. You basically
> tell me if I cant resist and try I am an idiot and are beta testing for
> you.

Everyone expected this from Red Hat before the 'EL' versions when
publishing a free CD of community work was the way QA was done.  (And if
you've forgotten, go dig through some changelogs of that era to see just
how bad things were and how much we gained from that process).  But
wasn't closing the process and letting 'experts' do that before shipping
supposed to have improved things?

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com