[CentOS] OT: RHEL 6.1 is out

Ljubomir Ljubojevic office at plnet.rs
Thu May 19 15:17:33 UTC 2011

Les Mikesell wrote:
> On 5/19/2011 9:40 AM, Markus Falb wrote:
>>> There is an old piece of wisdom in IT to avoid the public 'dot
>>> zero' products so that some-one else gets to be the advance
>>> guard scout (you know, the one who staggers back to base camp,
>>> festooned wth arrows in him)
>> Oh Lord! If everyone would avoid 'dot.zero' products then no bugs would
>> be discovered and no 'dot.one' product would be released. You basically
>> tell me if I cant resist and try I am an idiot and are beta testing for
>> you.
>
> Everyone expected this from Red Hat before the 'EL' versions when
> publishing a free CD of community work was the way QA was done.  (And if
> you've forgotten, go dig through some changelogs of that era to see just
> how bad things were and how much we gained from that process).  But
> wasn't closing the process and letting 'experts' do that before shipping
> supposed to have improved things?

If you consider how much bugs there are in Fedora in last years, this is
not to bad either. Considering the number of errors, maybe waiting for
CentOS 6.0 had it's benefits, even none of us likes such a long wait. I
started holding my breath when RHEL 6 Beta was released, and my face is
not blue any more but totally black :-)

Ljubomir