[CentOS] OT: SQuirreL and NGS SQuirrel

m.roth at 5-cent.us

Fri May 20 15:05:26 UTC 2011

The IRT gave a class yesterday, and mentioned about auditors coming in
with squirrel to security test d/bs. I was doing some research on this,
and found (and I'm being correct with my capitalization) the subject line
here, the F/OSS project off sourceforge SQuirrel, which is a
cross-platform java client for d/bs, and a company, NGS, which has NGS
SQuirreL for Oracle, DB/2, etc. What I can't find is any suggestion
whether the latter is built on the former, if there's any relation at all,
and if not, whether there's a copyright issue here....

Anyone know about them?

         mark