[CentOS] xferlog not rotating.

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Fri May 20 15:35:38 UTC 2011

Patricia A Moss wrote:
> I am not sure how to correctly troubleshoot this.  I just noticed that my
> /var/log/xferlog file is huge.  There are no files in /etc/logrotate.d/
> for xferlog. This is what leads me to believe that it isnot rotating. Or
> perhaps I do not have it set to rotate. I am not sure.
>
> I am running CentOS release 5 (Final).
> Can someone tell me what I, apparently, do not have configured correctly.
> Thank you.

Ok, I just did a little searching, and the installs of various packages
*should* put things in /etc/logrotate.d. I trust you have backups: you
should look to see if the contents of that directory were somehow deleted,
and restore them. If not, copy them from another machine.

And find out why they disappeared.

          mark