[CentOS] OT: RHEL 6.1 is out

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Mon May 23 13:51:09 UTC 2011

R P Herrold wrote:

> On Mon, 23 May 2011, Les Mikesell wrote:
>
>> Community effort or not, it did once seem like you had goals
>> for timeliness as well.  Are you happy with the current
>> situation?  If more community participation is off the
>> table, what else could help?

> Tell you what, Les -- YOU build what you want, optionally
> gathering a 'community', and document what YOU want, and tell
> us the URL.  We'll all be richer for it.  I'll be happy to see
> more than talk from you.  But then I expect to hear ...
> crickets

This seems to me to be an unnecessarily agressive response
to what appeared to me a rational question from Les Mikesell.

Why not just say, "Sorry, Les, there's nothing you can do to help",
if that is in fact the situation.

Personally, I don't mind when CentOS-6 (or 6.1) comes out,
as I am perfectly happy with (and grateful for) CentOS-5.6,
and haven't seen anything in RHEL 6.0 that would help
my rather simple needs in running a small home server.

But I don't think the fact that a service is free
entitles its proponents to be rude to those using it.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net