[CentOS] [Thread Cop] [was: Re: OT: wifi, phone, power in India and Malaysia]

ken gebser at mousecar.com
Tue May 24 11:18:14 UTC 2011

On 05/24/2011 06:17 AM John R. Dennison wrote:
> On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 05:48:16AM -0400, ken wrote:

> While I commend you on the use of the OT tag in the message's Subject...

Thank you.

> I didn't see a single item that was even remotely on-topic for this list.

Which is why it was labeled off-topic (OT:).  Difficult to understand?

Rather than getting your undies in a bunch, why not just hit the Delete
button when you see a Subject line starting with "OT:"?

Alternatively, there are a variety of ways to filter mail by the
contents of the Subject line (and other parameters) programmatically.
Do this and you'd never have to see an "OT:" labeled message again in
your entire life.

Judging from past experience, I guess we're now to enjoy three or four
days of posts about OT posts (as opposed to perhaps four replies
actually relevant to the original post).

Finally, I'd suggest a list convention whereby if someone wishes to
discuss/dispute tangential issues of this kind, they should prepend the
words "[Thread Cop]" to the Subject line.