[CentOS] securing ldap with tls and security

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Tue May 24 20:52:08 UTC 2011

On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 04:49:09PM -0400, David Mehler wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm trying to set up a centos 5.3 machine to do authentication via
> openldap. I've got it working, I'm not sure if I have it 100% right,
> but I can use ldapsearch to query the directory, use finger, id,
> chown, and other utilities with ldap usernames and groups, log in via
> ssh as an ldap user and if it's a new user automatically have the home
> directory created.
>
> Having got this far if anyone with a working ldap authentication
> system could give my config a sanity check let me know. My goal now is
> to get tls encryption going so that usernames and passwords aren't
> sent in the clear. I'm using self-signed certificates for now.

I'm going to post a link to my own page on it---which has links to other
pages.  Among other things, it goes through TLS.

http://home.roadrunner.com/~computertaijutsu/ldap.html

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Willow: The school paper is edging on depressing lately. Have you
guys noticed that?
Oz: I don't know. I always go straight to the obits.