[CentOS] SSD for Centos SWAP /tmp & /var/ partition

Emmanuel Noobadmin centos.admin at gmail.com
Thu May 26 08:49:50 UTC 2011

On 5/26/11, John Hodrien <J.H.Hodrien at leeds.ac.uk> wrote:
> Spinning disks seem an awful lot like victorian technology taken too far.
> In
> the long term, what's *not* to like about the idea of fully solid state
> storage?

Personally, I'm averse to using SSD with any important long term data
is the nightmare that I could one day wake up to find everything gone
without any means of recovery. Compared that to a hard disk, which
barring catastrophic physical damage, I could pay somebody to just
read the data off the platter.

As a performance boosting intermediary storage, yes, long term...
maybe not quite yet.