[CentOS] calendar

Denniston, Todd A CIV NAVSURFWARCENDIV Crane todd.denniston at navy.mil
Thu May 26 21:12:15 UTC 2011

I was going to suggest loading the 32bit version like you can do for
Firefox, and then when I looked I noticed that only the 64bit version of
thunderbird is placed in the x86_64 portion of the repo.

I would be tempted to try:
a) install the 32bit version of Firefox (to pull in all the 32bit moz
libs you'll need)
b) grab the 32bit version of thunderbird (from the centos
5.6/updates/i386 repo) and install it
c) test and see if it will work for you.
d)
	1) see if your boss has a problem with you having to remember to
update thunderbird from the i386 updates directory.
	2) see if you could (gently) convince the centos guys to put it
also in one of the centosplus or extras x86_64 portions of the repo. [I
doubt that they would put it in the 5.6/os/x86_64 and 5.6/updates/x86_64
directories only because I would have expected to see it there already
if TUV was putting it there, and for the os & updates directories I
expect they want to closely match TUV.]