[CentOS] Good network printer/scanner for Centos/Linux

fred smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Thu May 26 23:33:09 UTC 2011

On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 10:57:36AM -0700, Kenneth Porter wrote:
> On Thursday, May 26, 2011 7:43 PM +0300 Eero Volotinen
> <eero.volotinen at iki.fi> wrote:
>
> > - Linux, Windows and OSX support on printer and also on scanner.
>
> The scanner part is tough. I'd love to see some good support for Epson.
> I've got a Perfection 4180 connected by USB and an 11x17 network scanner,
> but currently I do all my scanning through Windows.

FWIW, at my office we have a Brother all-in-one unit. I can't remember
the model number, sorry, but it is one that was between 400 and 500
US dollars at Staples. (it's monochrome, BTW, not the color the OP
wants.)

My Centos 5 box at my desk works fine with the printer and the scanner
portions, using Brother's drivers. I haven't attempted to FAX from my
computer using the MFC, but there are drivers for that on the Brother
web site.

I would expect (but have no direct knowledge) similar good results
with pretty much any of Brother's MFC units. YMMV.

                     all ages, now and forevermore! Amen."