[CentOS] calendar

Lars Hecking lhecking at users.sourceforge.net
Fri May 27 08:40:52 UTC 2011

m.roth at 5-cent.us writes:
> Folks,
>
>    My manager's asked me about something that can run on our CentOS boxes
> that can connect to an (bleah!) Exchange server's calendar. It doesn't
> look like Lightening can, and from some googling, it appears that
> Evolution claims to, but.... It's got to be able to set dates, etc.
>
>    Can Evolution? Any other suggestions?

 Evolution will not work with Exchange newer than 2003. There is a plugin
 under development that can, but I'm not precisely sure about its status,
 and in any case, CentOS5 is too old for it; it as a bunch dependencies
 that are newer than what's provided.

 Lightning needs the exchange provider plugin/connector, but the combination
 seems quite buggy.