[CentOS] calendar

Ljubomir Ljubojevic office at plnet.rs
Fri May 27 18:44:42 UTC 2011

Les Mikesell wrote:
>> <snip>
>>> The term 'Remote desktop' usually refers specifically to the MS-windows
>>> implementation, where NX/freenx are just X applications with some
>> <snip>
>> Yep, that's what I thought you meant. This is not the case here - I have
>> dozens of folks running personal workstations, all running CentOS
>> natively, and *not* dual boot, so it is Linux drivers that have to work.
>>

> Still a separate issue from running thunderbird or any other single app
> remotely.  From your workstation, does 'ssh -Y rh_6_box thunderbird' do
> something reasonable?  I suppose you would end up having to automount
> the users own home directories there to send/download file attachments
> with the locations they'd expect but that sort of thing is why we have
> networks.

Less, put this two statements in mutually connected context.

"And I'm going to have to worry about NVidia cards, like mine, that need
the -173 proprietary driver...."
, and
"I think you missed the point - they run CentOS on their workstations,
and are X'ing to the servers. If their own workstation ain't showing,
they don't see nuttin'."

He says that without proprietary drivers his implementation of "Remote
desktop" fails to show screen from the Server.

Ljubomir