[CentOS] OT: Why VM?

Devin Reade gdr at gno.org
Fri May 27 22:17:12 UTC 2011

--On Friday, May 27, 2011 05:35:32 PM -0400 Steve Thompson
<smt at vgersoft.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 27 May 2011, Devin Reade wrote:
>
>> Thank god for test environments.  And backups.
>
> Backups? Que?

That was just an OT aside referring that while the optimist in me
hopes for an easy rolling upgrade from CentOS 5 to 6 in that
cluster configuration, the pessimist/realist in me is anticipating
doing that on a test cluster first and having a backout plan for
production.

You know:  The usual concerns in a production environment.

Devin