[CentOS] redhat vs centos

Bill Campbell centos at celestial.com
Wed Nov 2 17:43:17 UTC 2011

On Wed, Nov 02, 2011, Lamar Owen wrote:
>On Tuesday, November 01, 2011 01:46:57 AM Bob Hoffman wrote:
>> Personally I am thinking of staying away from all red hat clones due to
>> redhat's actions for my own security.
>> The only thing on the horizon I see is ubuntu server as best supported
>> and up to date.
>
>There are really two good enterprise-grade alternatives, in my opinion, one free and one not:
>1.) SuSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES);

We were using that about 5 years ago, and paid Novell a fair amount of
money in their Partner program.  Novell's support was slim to non-existent
leading to our move to CentOS.

Given the recent sale to Attachmate and such, I wouldn't invest any time or
money in SLES.

Bill
Fax:            (206) 232-9186  Skype: jwccsllc (206) 855-5792

In general, the art of government consists of taking as much money as
possible from one party of the citizens to give to the other.
 -- Voltaire (1764)