[CentOS] redhat vs centos

John Beranek john at redux.org.uk
Mon Nov 7 23:49:35 UTC 2011

On 07/11/2011 18:57, John R Pierce wrote:
> On 11/07/11 9:36 AM, John Beranek wrote:
>> Still doesn't answer how many sockets you're using if you have a RHEL
>> 5/6 guest VM with 2 (or 4) virtual VMware processors...
>
> can you even run another VM hypervisor under vmware?!?

I don't understand why people think I want to install another hypervisor
in our VMware cluster.

I want to _run a RHEL box in a VMware cluster_. I can't understand the
licensing model of RHEL because a VM doesn't have a "socket".

John.

--
John Beranek                         To generalise is to be an idiot.
http://redux.org.uk/                                 -- William Blake