[CentOS] Postfix mail server procedure

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Fri Nov 11 06:13:19 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2011-11-11 at 13:38 +0800, Christopher Chan wrote:
> On Friday, November 11, 2011 01:28 PM, Craig White wrote:
> > On Fri, 2011-11-11 at 13:23 +0800, Christopher Chan wrote:
> >

> >> Sorry, I keep forgetting about that crap...
> >>
> >> Never touched it and never wanted to after I heard the screams from a
> >> friend who used cyrus and swore by it until he got corrupt mailboxes.
> >> Had to help setup postfix, dovecot and vpopmail iirc.
> >>
> > ----
> > been using cyrus-imapd for years - eats dovecot for lunch in terms of
> > features/performance/reliability/scaling/flexibility and just about
> > every other imaginable use for an IMAP server.
> >

> Hmm, I must give it a try one day then since it comes with RHEL/Centos.
----
I should mention that even though RHEL (Fedora/CentOS/SL/etc.) uses the
invoca.ch packages but they are older and never have the 'autocreate'
patches.

I heavily recommend that you get the SRPM from invoca.ch directly (Simon
- who I believe monitors this list) and rebuild (dead simple)

http://www.invoca.ch/pub/packages/cyrus-imapd/

The 'autocreate' patches are awesome. Here is info on what they do (and
the patch code itself).

http://www.vx.sk/download/patches/cyrus-imapd/cyrus-imapd-2.4.4-autocreate-0.10-0.patch

but if you use Simon's packages, the autocreate patch is already
included (no fuss, no muss).

Autocreate INBOX and subfolders on first LOGIN, first POST, auto 'sieve'
rules and auto subscribe to various folders including 'shared' or
'public' folders

Craig

believed to be clean.