[CentOS] Approximate size of CentOS mirror

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Fri Nov 11 22:38:29 UTC 2011

On 09/11/11 10:19 PM, Christopher Hawker wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> Roughly, how much disk space would I need on my server to mirror the entire ISO collection and the repository files. Also, how would I tell my server to only mirror CentOS 5 and 6?

my mirror is using lftp rather than rsync, as I was having consistent
issues with rsync timing out and bombing.

my sync script looks like...

    #!/usr/bin/sh
    /usr/local/bin/lftp -c 'open ftp://mirror.freedomvoice.com && lcd
    /export/mirror && \
          mirror --continue --verbose=1 -x ia64 -x s390 -x s390x -x
    alpha -x SRPMS centos'

I am including the ISOs, but excluding Itanium, s390 and s390x, Alpha,
and SRPMS...

my current mirror sizes look like...  (I manually deleted lines that
were trivially small, so this just shows the bulky stuff)

    $ du -hs .
      177G   .

    $ du -hs *
       36G   4.8
      7.9G   5.3
      8.0G   5.4
       18G   5.5
       38G   5.6
       29G   5.7
       40G   6.0

I'm not sure why I have 5.{3|4|5|6} still, I better look....  hmmm.
those have .ISO's in them that weren't cleaned up with the version
rollover?   5.6 appears to still be complete?