[CentOS] Redhat vs centos vs ubuntu

Ljubomir Ljubojevic office at plnet.rs
Sat Nov 12 12:50:37 UTC 2011

Vreme: 11/12/2011 07:46 AM, Errol Mangwiro piše:
> Hi,
>
> Sorry about the top-posting, I'm replying from my blackberry.
>
> I've been following this thread for a while and really don't see why people respond so rabidly to criticism. If something bothers/bores me about a thread I just Ignore the thread/user. If no one is interested the thread dies out on its own. However, let if someone has something to say let them. The people who reply/comment *want* to talk about it. No one forces anyone to *read* the thread. Just ignore it. It's that simple. Going as far as threatening to ban a user for commenting negatively or positively or. even "off-topic" (this is relative, e.g., I found the discussion on the strengths&  weaknesses of ubuntu/centos/redhat el interesting&  in some cases informative as the various issues were debated). I would think that there's nothing wrong with allowing people the freedom to discuss centos-related stuff on the centos list. As I mentioned earlier it's as simple as ignoring a thread if don't like it. There's no need to flame, ban or go on a rant just because someone says s
omething you don't like about your favourite OS has been attacked.
> For the record I *like* centos&  am in the process of replacing some of my fedora&  ubuntu server installations *with* centos.

Hi Errol.

It is not about freedom of speech. We passed that threshold months ago.
Note that complaining and warning have only started after 10 days of
non-stop discussion and almost *90* messages! I found discussion
interesting, but *up to a point*.

It stopped being interesting only after *repeated* statements. And this
argument goes back several months back in various threads. Also, those
"Ubuntu is better" statements are mostly written by same 5-8 people,
over and over again, always saying the same thing. *That* is what is
tiresome.

There are countless mailing list and forums available and open for "beat
a dead horse" games. All some of us asked is that they do not play those
loud games in front of *our* bedroom windows.

I hope this clears it up a little.

--

Ljubomir Ljubojevic
(Love is in the Air)