[CentOS] Postfix mail server procedure

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sat Nov 12 13:58:32 UTC 2011

Am 12.11.2011 14:53, schrieb Christopher Chan:
> Oh, so Cyrus is another 'use a database as a mail store'? The other one
> that I know of but cannot remember the name of uses postgresql for its
> mailstore.

the only REAl db-driven mailservr is dbmail and in combination
with postfix-mysql-configuration a perfect way to get a self
developed web-backend ehich does exavtly what you need

it can also use mysql with innodb

not to forget that you can use replications-slaves for consistent-backups
and even use zhem readomly as fallback for postfix-lookups

no idea why so many people complain mailservers with databases are bad
instead taking the time and look what benefits it can bring