[CentOS] binding additional IP addresses to centos6 on one interface

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sun Nov 13 23:35:01 UTC 2011

Am 14.11.2011 00:28, schrieb Jonathan Vomacka:
> I know this was discussed before, and I have seen a million ways of
> doing this via online docs. I have a quick question that hopefully the
> community can help me out with
>
> I am trying to add a block of 10 IP addresses. Rather then create 10
> different alias files, I want to use the RANGE file.
>
> Docs say to use the following format:
> IPADDR_START=x.x.x.x
> IPADDR_END=x.x.x.x
> CLONENUM_START=0
>
> If the IP's that are given to you are on a completely seperate gateway /
> netmask, how would you enter it into this file? Is it necessary? Please
> advise.

who needs ranges?
configure what you need!

cat /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0
DEVICE=eth0
IPADDR=10.0.0.6
GATEWAY=10.0.0.1
NETMASK=255.255.255.0
ONBOOT=yes
BOOTPROTO=static
TYPE=Ethernet
MODE=Managed
IPV6INIT=no
NM_CONTROLLED=no
USERCTL=no
MTU=1500

cat /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0:1
DEVICE=eth0:1
IPADDR=10.0.0.7
ONPARENT=yes

cat /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0:2
DEVICE=eth0:2
IPADDR=10.0.0.5
ONPARENT=yes