[CentOS] binding additional IP addresses to centos6 on one interface

Ljubomir Ljubojevic office at plnet.rs
Mon Nov 14 00:15:19 UTC 2011

Vreme: 11/14/2011 12:42 AM, Jonathan Vomacka piše:
> A block of 10 IPV4 is not a lot, and they will all eventually be used.
> My question is, my server IP is 66.80.x.x and my additional IPS are in
> the 50.7.x.x range using a netmask of 255.255.255.248.
>
> Can the netmask be written in the range file like it is in the ifcfg-eth0:0?

255.255.255.248 gives you 6 (six), not 10 IP's.

I can not say about range file, but you can use IP calculator to find
out which IP start and end you need to write.
Enter data in this site and use "29" as an netmask. It use HostMin and
HostMax numbers for IPADDR_START and IPADDR_END:

http://jodies.de/ipcalc

--

Ljubomir Ljubojevic
(Love is in the Air)