[CentOS] Centos 5.7--desktop icons are now a blank sheet of paper with the .desktop filename and they don't work

Ljubomir Ljubojevic office at plnet.rs
Tue Nov 15 10:22:32 UTC 2011

Vreme: 11/15/2011 03:25 AM, fred smith piše:

> note that the Desktop folder contains a subdirectory named "radio stations",
> and that its representation on the desktop looks correct. but when I click
> on it to open up that folder, all its contents are also broken in the
> same way.
>
> Anybody got any clues?

First remove all spaces from folder(s) and desktop files.

Next, there was some trick when you create your own desktop files, I was
receiving similar warning, but I am not sure (at the moment) what was
the solution. While you change names, I will later on look for a solution.

--

Ljubomir Ljubojevic
(Love is in the Air)

trusty Spiderman...