[CentOS] Changes at Red Hat confouding CentOS (was: What happened to 6.1)

Dennis Jacobfeuerborn dennisml at conversis.de
Tue Nov 15 16:33:49 UTC 2011

On 11/15/2011 04:31 PM, Ljubomir Ljubojevic wrote:
> Vreme: 11/15/2011 03:46 PM, m.roth at 5-cent.us piše:
>> The "preupgrade" is what I've been using the last year, and why I'm now
>> building boxes here with 500M instead of 100M root partitions, figuring
>> that it's what's coming for CentOS, eventually.
> +1

I doubt that. The issue isn't the technology but the support issues that
can arise from updating systems between releases. Red Hat would have to
test all kinds of update scenarios and not only between two releases but
they'd also have to take into account systems that have been upgraded
several times. I'm pretty sure they will stick to the service migration
update path they are using now.

Regards,
   Dennis