[CentOS] clustering

Digimer linux at alteeve.com
Wed Nov 16 04:15:15 UTC 2011

On 11/15/2011 09:50 PM, Alan McKay wrote:
> Basically I'd like to get up to speed really quickly on different
> clustering technologies, and maybe even set up a CentOS (or
> Scientific) based cluster in a sandbox to play with.
>
> I guess - looking for reading to get up to speed on clustering, and
> wondering what my options are with CentOS, RHEL and Scientific.
>
> thanks,
> -Alan

I suspect this is not of interest to you, but it does fall under
"different clustering technologies", if under the High-Availability side
of things. You want performance clustering, which generally requires
purpose-built solutions (save for simple web/dns/mail load balancers).

Older but complete HA VM clustering on EL5 (inc. CentOS);

https://alteeve.com/w/Red_Hat_Cluster_Service_2_Tutorial

More up to date but not yet complete update of the above for EL6 with
redundant networking;

https://alteeve.com/w/2-Node_Red_Hat_KVM_Cluster_Tutorial

hth

--
Digimer
E-Mail:              digimer at alteeve.com
Freenode handle:     digimer
Papers and Projects: http://alteeve.com
"omg my singularity battery is dead again.
stupid hawking radiation." - epitron