[CentOS] was, Re: Changes at Red Hat confou>n<ding CentOS, is OT

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Wed Nov 16 14:21:11 UTC 2011

John R. Dennison wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 08:54:31AM -0500, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
>>
>> Well, yes, I can think of a hell of a lot of things that *beat*
>> ->working<- at home in your living room, which suggests that you're
>> doing well over 40 hours/week. Been there, done that, actually have
>> a t-shirt. Do it again for an employer, regularly? Not a fucking chance.
>
> So not only does the overall SNR leave, well, everything to be desired
> but not we are tolerating this type of language?  Good job - you've
> made an already useless list that much worse.  You rule.

Let me note that this will be the second time I've changed the subject
line to OT; this really does have nothing to do with CentOS, but rather,
to parody Prairie Home Companion, Lives of the Sysadmins.

I find your comment? .sigfile? below interesting, esp. in the context of
what you wrote to me, above. I also note that you're upset by worty dirds,
but ignore the entire content of the note, which I guess means we should
assume that you do take massive amounts of work home, and work at it in
the face of home, family, or a life. I'm willing to end this thread with
no more comments, if the rest of you will.
> --
> Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to give
> offense. Rather, it's the product of the direct, cut-through-the-bullshit
> communications style that is natural to people who are more concerned
> about
> solving problems than making others feel warm and fuzzy.
>
> http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

        mark "also corrected the spelling in the subject"