[CentOS] lm_sensors on Sun (x86) Hardware

Alan McKay

alan.mckay at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 14:37:07 UTC 2011

Hey folks,

I'm running RHEL 5.3 on 6 boxes - and on every one of them
sensors-detect finds nothing.

5 of them are Sun fire 2250 machines, and 1 is Sunfire 4170.

Googling and searching this list does not seem to find anything.

When I log into the Sun hardware management interface (web interface)
I see that it of course is correctly detecting various temperatures of
things.  But for some reason Linux is not.

Does anyone here have experience in this area and can tell me how to
fix this?

thanks,
-Alan