[CentOS] the majority will NEVER use smartphones

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Thu Nov 17 02:23:55 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-11-17 at 02:38 +0100, Reindl Harald wrote:

> Am 17.11.2011 02:32, schrieb fred smith:
> > Well, I'm happy with my "stupid phone". I don't especially want a
> > pocket-sized computer (at least not one that's tightly chained inside
> > a walled garden, whether it be Apple's, or Microsoft's, or any one
> > else's garden). As long as it reliably makes phone calls, and doesn't
> > require charging EVERY DAY I can be happy with it.
>
> well but computers are much more than on a smartphone will ever be possible
> smartphones are nice for many low-end users but they will NEVER replace
> a full featured PC and so so developers all over the world should stop
> to think they are the only target for software because they will not
----
Consider the upcoming Asus Transformer Prime tablet which has more
horsepower than my desktop computer (by far) though less RAM and less
storage. The cloud can be your storage... heck all of my music is
already on Google Music.

It's thoroughly conceivable that these devices will indeed displace what
is generally thought of as the irreplaceable home computer and maybe in
the near future - after all, probably 80-90% of what occupies our
computer usage is e-mail & web browsing. Just take a look at the latest
3 phones added to Verizon... the Razr, Rezound, Nexxus. Wow!

Craig

believed to be clean.