[CentOS] not using LVM for Linux VM guests?

James A. Peltier jpeltier at sfu.ca
Fri Nov 18 05:28:49 UTC 2011

----- Original Message -----
| > I've tried that, it returns a warning about kernel unable to reread
| > partition table and requiring a reboot to see any modifications.
| > Then the next call to pvcreate fails as it can't find the partition.
| >
| > --Russell

It does but it (the new size) is not recognized until you delete the partition, recreate it with the new size, then run partprobe again, then resize the file system.  It's worked for me in the past.

--
James A. Peltier
IT Services - Research Computing Group
E-Mail  : jpeltier at sfu.ca
Website : http://www.sfu.ca/itservices
          http://blogs.sfu.ca/people/jpeltier
I will do the best I can with the talent I have